No, not the cat.
Just being listening to The Unbeliveable Truth on Radio 4, where panellists have to “smuggle” 5 truths into a couple of minute’s worth of lies about a given subject.
Also noticed a couple of “filler in” blog posts and thought I’d go easy on myself and give you 8 truths about myself amongst 25 lies:
- I was born in 1972
- My real name means “respected and adored”
- I am tall dark and handsome
- I am the youngest of 5 brothers
- I have a degree in Drama and English from a Welsh university
- My favourite book is The Wind In The Willows
- I love giving dinner parties.
- I have seen a psychotherapist every week for the past 6 years
- I sleep 6 hours a night
- I take statins
- I got my first and only tattoo last year
- I used to be a majorette
- I speak Italian and French with reasonable fluency
- I cannot have too many pajamas or duffel coats
- I have lived in the same London flat for 17 years
- I play the piano, sing, swim and do yoga – often all at the same time
- I would do anything to spend an evening with Kristen Chenoweth
- …or Maggie Aderin-Pocock
- I’ve been a Dresser at English National Opera
- I really want to go to Finland, Estonia and Latvia
- My father was an electrical engineer and my mother a professional dressmaker
- Four of favourite fictional characters are Molesworth, Nicholas, Asterix and Charlie Brown.
- I was born north of Leeds
- I have commissioned an artist to paint a portrait of me
- If I’d been a girl I would have been called Audrey
P.S. there’s lots of half truths….